Find a Study at OSU: StudySearch
StudySearch is an easy-to-use web-based tool that allows you to search for studies at The Ohio State University that are actively recruiting participants. Simply go to the site and enter some basic information:
1. Your age group
2. Your gender
3. The condition or a treatment you are interested in
The search results will show you a list of studies that are looking for participants and give you some information about each one:
1. Title of the study
2. Purpose of the study - why the study is being conducted, what health problem is being studied, etc.
3. Eligibility - For instance, do you have to be within a certain age range or be a certain gender to be in the study?
4. Contact Information - the name, phone, and email address of a person who can tell you more about the study, help determine if you meet the eligibility requirements, and enroll you if you decide you are interested.
does not store any personal information about you. You decide whether or not you want to contact the study manager and whether or not you want to take part in the study.
In collaboration with the Department of Biomedical Informatics, the Center for Clinical & Translational Science at The Ohio State University developed StudySearch to allow anyone an easy way to search for research studies through the Internet. StudySearch was made possible by funding from the National Center for Research Resources which is part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
For more information:
Go to the Research Center
health topic, where you can:
- Read articles on this topic
- Browse the previously asked questions
This article is a NetWellness exclusive.
Last Reviewed: Aug 26, 2011
Carson Reider, PhD
Research Subject Advocate at The Center for Clinical Translational Sciences
Adjunct Assistant Professor at:
The College of Public Health
The College of Nursing
Center for Clinical & Translational Science
The Ohio State University