Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Child Abuse

Jobs to Help Abused Children



Im 13 and i have a quick question. Well, you see I read A Child Called "IT" after I read it I was really interested in helping abused kids, and when I get older I want a job that helps abused kids.

Can you give me a list of jobs I can choose from? Im not trying to rush you but I`m writing a paper on it for school so I need it ASAP. Thanks


It is wonderful that you are interested in finding a career where you can help abused children. There are many alternatives that will be available to you to provide care to these children, both directly and indirectly. Groups that provide direct care to child victims of abuse include social workers, physicians, nurses, and law enforcement. If these don't appeal to you, you can help children indirectly through community education or legislative advocacy.

I recommend you search the internet using terms like "child abuse", "prevention" and "employment" to see what job options will be available to you in the coming years. Good luck to you!

Jonathan Thackeray, MD

For more information:

Go to the Child Abuse health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Robert Shapiro, MD
Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
College of Medicine
University of Cincinnati