Severe itching on upper arms

I gradually started to itch on my upper arms especially at night. It has been severe to the point I can`t sleep, wake up itching, scratch until it bleeds. I have tried benedryl,claritin, then steroids. It is not getting better and my doctor wants me to see an allergist. I started on Keppra about 7 weeks ago. took it for a month and quit because I thought that was causing it. I been off for three weeks and still have this problem. Thanks

It is of considerable concern that you are having such intense itching.  You did not share with me any other medical diagnoses, other medications, occupation, and things of that nature.  Each might have a differential diagnosis.  Since you have used a number of medications, it is clear that we don't have a very clear diagnosis, and hence the therapy is haphazard.  I would urge you to see your board certified dermatologist at the very earliest moment, for a careful medical history, laboratory evaluation, and proper diagnosis can be established so that intense appropriate therapy can be initiated.