Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children)

Hypospaias repair



If someone has been circumcised what are the options for hypospadias repair? My so underwent surgery for the repair and the doctor didn`t reposition his urethra (it is at the bottom of the glands below the meatus). After the surgery the pediatrician said he would need another surgery to correct it. But everything I read says the foreskin is needed. What could be done if the person was already circumcised?


It is usually not a problem at all. Studies have shown no higher risk of complication in most of these cases, but a pediatric urologist should perform the procedure.

For more information:

Go to the Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Jack S Elder, MD, FACS, FAAP Jack S Elder, MD, FACS, FAAP
Clinical Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University