Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Mouth Diseases

Bumps or lumps



I have lumps in my mouth, but I also have them on my vagina, which the doctor says they are common in older women. But I am concern about my mouth also. Haven`t had sex for several years because of the lumps on my vagina. What kind of a doctor should I see. I thin I might have candia. How do I find out. My doctor seems unconcerned.


You should see an oral pathologist for evaluation of the bumps in your mouth. As far as the vaginal lumps are concerned, an obstetrician-gynecologist would be the appropriate doctor to evaluate those. It would be difficult to say whether these are related without doing an examination and determining exactly what these bumps are.

For more information:

Go to the Mouth Diseases health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Carl M Allen, DDS, MSD Carl M Allen, DDS, MSD
Professor Emeritus of Oral Pathology
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University