Mouth Diseases

Inside of mouth feels like jelly

i have lots of pimples inside my mouth and inner lips . also my lips feel funny and it is very uncomfortable. The dentist also said i have leukoplakia in my left cheek which is a white rough piece.all she sais was see her in 6 months time but i am getting worried as i have had it for a long time. my inside of mouth looks very lumpy and feels so horrid can you advise.

The "pimples" that you describe could be normal structures, such as Fordyce granules (tiny yellowish oil glands) or minor salivary glands. The "funny" or "uncomfortable" feeling could be a condition called burning mouth syndrome, which is common, annoying, and harmless. The white rough area on the inside of your cheek might be leukoplakia, but cheek-nibbling could also produce changes similar to what you describe.

You may want to visit the website www.aaomp.org and click on the "Public" tab, under which is a tab for "Oral Conditions". Pamphlets for burning mouth syndrome and leukoplakia are available here.

Without a complete examination, however, it would be impossible to confirm these diagnoses. If you want a more definite answer, you should make an appointment to see an oral pathologist.

Go to the Mouth Diseases health topic, where you can:

Carl M Allen, DDS, MSD Carl M Allen, DDS, MSD
Professor Emeritus of Oral Pathology