Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children)

Testosterone and Penile Growth

I have read that eating a diet of mainly carbohydrates (pasta), high stress and doing practically no (or even completely no, as in not going out) exercise can cause you to have a low level of testosterone. My questions are based during the puberty period:

Do the three things listed above put together guarantee a low levels of testosterone? What would be the likelihood of low testosterone?

Does higher testosterone = more penile growth?

Is it abnormal for puberty to last only 3 to 4 years?

How low would your level of testosterone need to be to affect or even stop your penile growth?

Thanks for any replies.

You did not tell me your age or stage of pubertal development, but from the information you provided, your serum testosterone should be within the normal range (300-900 ng/dl). I am not aware of a combination of a carbohydrate diet, high stress, and no exercise adversely affecting genital development in men during puberty.

Go to the Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children) health topic, where you can:

Jack S Elder, MD, FACS, FAAP Jack S Elder, MD, FACS, FAAP
Clinical Professor of Urology