Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children)

Can You Help Me?



Hi there, I am an 17 year old male desperately trying to understand what is going on. I have waited for years hoping I was a late bloomer to ask this question, but it seems like the puberty portion of penis enlargement passed me by. Currently, my penis is about 1.5-2 inches flaccid, and goes no more than 4-4.25 inches when erect. My circumfrence is also very minimal. I am wondering if there is still hope in my case or if I should seek help with a local urologist as soon as I am able to get a doctors referral. Also, would hormone replacement help in this case? By all other standards, I am a healthy 17 year old male.

Thank you.


I would recommend seeing a pediatric urologist or an adult urologist who specializes in sexual medicine. It is highly unlikely that you will need hormone replacement. If you are overweight, often the fatty deposit above the penis will obscure the penile length, 1 inch for every 35 pounds over optimal weight.

For more information:

Go to the Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Jack S Elder, MD, FACS, FAAP Jack S Elder, MD, FACS, FAAP
Clinical Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University